If you're getting an EDBEngineError exception then there's an error code
attached to each error. (TDBError)

This is the BDE error result.

Most calls to the BDE use Check procedure passing the DBI method name and
parameters, check will raise the exception if an error result is returned
IIRC.

Patrick Dunford, Christchurch, NZ
http://patrick.dunford.com/