Hi Nic,

> should be fine. I'd more recommend you use it on Linux if you have a spare
> machine - more stable - but it will work OK on 9x. 5 users is about the
most
> tho :), but I have had a full ecommerce system (IB, VisiBroker, JSP etc)
> running on a 98 laptop. Not pretty tho.
>
> Nic.

I'm currently running Interbase under 98 and NT with no problems, but I need
to get it running on Linux, and THEN get it hooked up to a web-server
(apache, of course) via a scripting language. Unfortunately, I have yet to
find anything that will link directly to IB on Linux, and I'm a bit stuck
for ideas. Neither PHP or PERL seems quite ready to talk to IB, and while
I'd (reluctantly) use ODBC, I'm not sure whether that option (or something
equivalent) is available to me on Linux.

Can you (or anyone else) offer me a way to connect web pages to IB on Linux
via Apache?

I also need to know whether the free IB4 for Linux that I heard Inprise were
giving away is still available, and if it is a good idea.

Cheers,
Simon.