Nic

> Nope, Delphi compiles to a set of Intel CPU byte codes. The windows API
has
> _nothing_ to do it with, except for the format of the EXE and the
occasional
> JMP or CALL statement to strange and far off places.

you lost the argument when you said 'except' though you could have got me by
making the distinction between the linker and the compiler

> > There is a distinct difference between a 'Machine' and a 'CPU'

Oh yes there is - I'll send you a 'CPU' and you show me how you can run a
program on it
give me a 'Virtual Machine' (which encompasses CPU/IO/Memory) and I'll write
a program for it

Neven