John,

You mean downgrade :-)

There is no advantage unless you want the glassy features.... which btw
you can get for XP.  You can also get most of the other visual features
too.

Everyone I know has turned off the user security rubbish, that gets most
things running.  Some legacy stuff will still not run though.  If your
users are going to be running on Vista then you have no choice as so
many of the Delphi controls have problems when using themes.  Also modal
forms tend to go behnd the mainform more often.