From: delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz [mailto:delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz] On
Behalf Of Ross Levis
Sent: Thursday, April 16, 2009 10:56
To: 'NZ Borland Developers Group - Delphi List'
Subject: Re: [DUG] [OFF-TOPIC] memory issues

I'm looking forward to larger cheaper solid state drives which last up to
100 years, replacing hard drives which fail every few years.  10+ times
faster than a hard drive.  I've heard a PC with one of these drives can boot
Windows XP in 4 seconds.

Prices will get below US$2 per GB this year.  It's still out of my price
range, but I'm considering upgrading my laptop's hard drive to a 240GB
SanDisk drive later this year.

Ross.