[Reply]

HI all,

As with anything, it's horses for courses. Compiled web apps are a pain to
update compared to scripted ones, and with accelerators not that much different
in performance. I've yet to see a web app with such demands as this benchmark
test, and given most are limited by disk / database access, the cpu cycles
don't figure at all.

good night,

Gary

At 21:57 on 1/07/2009 Berend wrote

>No, not interesting at all. I'm guessing that this particular test was
>optimised for applications that allocate a given data structure as a
>single blob of memory.
>
>And then you compare it to a language where the default is to allocate
>memory in small disjointed chunks where you need to lookup references.

Ref#: 41006