Hi all

All those fancy objects look really cool, but I wonder, will an app written
e.g. in D2008 with those objects work in Delphi2010?

John C

From: delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz [mailto:delphi-boun...@delphi.org.nz] On
Behalf Of Sean Cross
Sent: Wednesday, 12 August 2009 8:19 p.m.
To: 'NZ Borland Developers Group - Delphi List'
Subject: Re: [DUG] Making apps look fancy

I use mustang peak http://www.mustangpeak.net/ drop down forms for this.

I (conceptually) set a timer when the user starts typing.  Every xxx ms, I
run a query and populate a component on the drop down form.

Depending on where I using it, and how slow the search is, I run the search
is in the main thread or a background thread.

In my main app, I just run refresh a stored proc component when the user
stops typing for a brief time, and do it in the main thread.  That is plenty
quick enough.  In other apps though, I have run searches in a background
thread and only done the vcl update in the main thread.

Sean