Hi

We have used VirtualPC but have recently installed Virtual Box which I really like.  However I have struggled to get it to accesss the network (which just works out of the box on Virtual PC).  I am running Windows 7 but just cant get it to see other machines on the network.  Any tips?

Cheers
Rob

Eric A wrote:
I'm a previous user of VMWARE and have been using Virtual Box for a while.  I'm pretty happy with Virtual Box.

Reports from the Client environment I'm working in is that the performance of the "free" VMWARE versions are crippled (as expected from a commercial standpoint).  So if you are expecting performance and want to use VMWARE then buy it.

One of the differences between the two products is supprot of serial ports - really only of relevance to people doing industrial type applications.

Eric

> From: jsm...@deltics.co.nz
> To: delphi@delphi.org.nz
> Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2009 23:14:01 +1200
> Subject: Re: [DUG] Upgrade considerations
>
> I've just started using VisualBox myself.
>
> I have previously used both VirtualPC and VMWare.
>
> VPC was quick and easy to get up and running but I found it frustratingly
> basic in terms of its management interface and soon found myself looking at
> VM Ware.
>
> VM Ware goes to the other extreme... more awkward to get up and running, but
> more feature laden. But I found the management interface intrusive and
> over-complex for my intermediate needs. Plus I had trouble with VM Ware
> getting it to work properly with my dual core AMD CPU. I had to go diving
> into config files with a text editor and tweak things here and there to get
> it to work (and finding this solution took some digging on google).
>
> VirtualBox (so far at least) has struck the happy medium of a fuss-free
> management interface but which never-the-less has all the tools I need,
> should I need them and "it just works" reliability. Some of the management
> tools involve dropping to a command line (e.g. "cloning" a HD requires a
> console command), but that's fine by me because they are typically the
> infrequently used tools.

Check on MSN NZ Money for a hand Feeling the financial pinch?