Dealing with a MSSQL database where the ID field is defined as Binary ( 8 ) and
using D2007 / ADO.  I can open the table and read in data, but  I cannot figure
out:

1 - how to get the ID value out of this field - when displayed a grid shows
this column as (BYTES), if I try to get the value as a variant then as a string
I get an empty string

TheCompanyID_I_Want:=TABLE1.FieldByName('COMPANY_ID').asXXXXXDataType;

ie what datatype XXXXXDataType do I need to use to get the value ??

The best light I could shed on it with Google was a hint that this type might
arrive as an array of Bytes - in which case how to process that?

2 - All I want to do with this value is to put in into a subsequent SQL
statement on another table to do a further select of all records with this
ID....

qryTable2.SQL.Text :=  'SELECT * FROM TABLE2 WHERE COMPANY_ID =
'+XXXXXDataTypeToString(TheCompanyID_I_Want);

Sorry for asking what is probably a dumb question, but its late at night and I
am stuck.  And as Einstein said "He who asks a question is a fool for a moment
- he who doesn't ask a question is a fool forever"

John