I could probably justify traveling a couple times a year for some training.

Alister Christie
Computers for People
Ph: 04 471 1849 Fax: 04 471 1266
http://www.salespartner.co.nz
PO Box 13085
Johnsonville
Wellington

On 27/10/2010 7:41 p.m., Richard Vowles wrote:
I was thinking before this roadshow that a sort of Delphi barcamp might be a better bet - I tried organising a Delphi user group a few years back but it never worked mores the pity. It doesn't work for most tech groups I find as people don't get much value out of it (esp. if its an hour long) and evenings are hard for people.

I'm wondering if a full Saturday with multiple rooms and people coming along and talking about stuff they are doing, solutions they've found, all that kind of stuff would work better? It seems to work in most of the other communities I am involved in, would people be interested in that? There are some very clever people on this list and I know a few of you are really very good at sharing as well as good for networking.

If it worked, we could schedule it every 6-8 months or so (bounce between Auckland & Christchurch). We could also make it start later (say 10 or 10:30am) to allow people from other cities to come in for the day.

Just a thought

Richard
--
---