Hi Wallace. Sounds interesting, but how does this login work? In order to get the script to work correctly, would require quite a lot of information I guess. May be relatively easy for a few users, I guess, but perhaps not for a whole bunch.
Regards, John C

Sent from my Huawei Mobile

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: [DUG] How to make secure MySQL
From: Marshland Engineering
To: delphi@listserver.123.net.nz
CC:

I'm thinking aloud here. My WEB pages uses a PHP script to login to the DB. No
passwords are sent down the line. When the user logins in their details and
password are. These are salted. If these were decrypted, the hacker would only
be able to access their data not the whole table. I think. When using the
Delphi app, the login details are sent down the line but this is probably
quite difficult to decipher compared to a WEB the interface.

For all MySQL maintenance, I use Heidi. Really easy and useful program.

Cheers Wallace.