On Fri, 2018-03-09 at 12:29 +0100, Pietro Battiston wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have a problem that's probably pretty trivial to solve, but I
> haven't
> found a way, nor references online.
>
> I need to write, below the (few lines of) score, the lyrics for
> additional stanzas/verses (which would take too much space in the
> actuall staffs). Like in this example:
> http://www1.cpdl.org/wiki/images/c/c8/Mont-dam.pdf
>
> I tried several commands, and the best I could come with was to
> produce
> an eps with the lyrics, and then use
> Score -> Titles -> BookTitles -> Create or Edit Graphic Title Page

well that's for creating a title page, which comes before the score, of
course.

> ... certainly not the right way to proceed, and anyway the stanzas
> appear above the score, rather than below.

What you could have done was to use Movements->Titles->Append
Encapsulated Postscript. You would do this if you were using fancy
formatting and needed a full-blown editor to create the text (fonts,
variable columns, graphics ...)

If, however you just want a simple printing out of lyric verses you can
use this command (I quote from the Command Center description):

Command: Typeset Verses at End
Let's you choose a number of verses to print at the end of the piece
(movement), instead of underlaying the music. The verses are copied to
the end so can be deleted once copied to prevent them from appearing
beneath the music in addition.
Location: Object Menu ▶ Lyrics
Internal Name: TypesetVersesAtEnd

With that you first enter the verses as verses then ask them to be
typeset at the end. By default it creates a simple two column
arrangement (IIRC) but if you are willing to edit it (re-execute the
command) you can create fancier arrangements using LilyPond's syntax.

HTH

Richard