On 12.08.10 10:44, Damian Hofmann wrote:
Thanks Kristian

I used the Thread-View of visualvm, where I could see the states of DRDAConnectionThreads. This showed me, that my bugfix had improved the situation, but a small problem still remained.

Hi,

I see.
You might also find the attributes AccumulatedConnectionCount and ActiveConnectionCount useful (these are published by the NetworkServer MBean). If the active count equals the accumulated count after keeping the application running for a while, the connections aren't closed. Even though sockets will be closed for instance when the JVM exits, it is better (and recommended) to close them sooner if you know the connection won't be used again.

There are more connection counts exposed by the MBean, and they're slightly confusing unless you know about the derby.drda.maxThreads and derby.drda.timeSlice properties...

I also filed an improvement request:

Thanks,
--
Kristian