Rick Hillegas-3 wrote
> Technically, Hibernate should not be calling getGeneratedKeys() because
> Derby's DatabaseMetaData says that the method is not supported. But
> whoever wrote the porting layer on top of Derby must have cribbed the
> code from another database which does support that method. Derby should
> raise an exception when that method is called, or Derby should fix the
> implementation of getGeneratedKeys(). So you are caught between bugs in
> two layers: Hibernate and Derby.

hibernate has property hibernate.jdbc.use_get_generated_keys, which for
DerbyTenSevenDialect is false (that my case). Hibernate is therefor
generating insert like this:
"insert into Table (id, value) values (default, 'value')". So I would not
blame hibernate.

--
Sent from:
http://apache-database.10148.n7.nabble.com/Apache-Derby-Users-f95095.html