Morning.

I have been working with design for over 10 years now using only OpenSource
Tools. I've worked at a Linux Education Institute where we had to develop
courses and marketing (web, printed and for tv); and never had a problem. I
also worked for my country's (.ve) and Guatemala's government (again, only
OpenSource tools) and right now I'm building my personal business as a
photographer (again, editing only with OpenSource).

I have seen people who do fantastic things using Non-Open tools, but I have
also seen some terrible mistakes. For me, a professional designer is not
about the tool, but more about the eye of the user who can put his/hers
ideas on paper/screen.

Have a great day.

> I disagree with you to some extent. I'd say mostly. Right now I'm doing
> the JavaME service access point (fancy name for app) for a County B.I.
> system for one of the counties here in Kenya. The UI is basically built by
> code, so the images and icons are more important in this case. Inkscape and
> Corel helped me get done with the design in a little over 3 days into the
> development period. They'll launch in two weeks. Inkscape gets things done
> faster. Lesser adjustments to make and all.
>
> On 19 May 2015 13:35, Satyajit Sahoo <satyajit.ha...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > I use Sketch. Inkscape is still great for icon design, but Sketch beats
> it in UI design and the export tool.
> >
> > Satyajit Sahoo
> > UX Designer
> > Behance Profile
> >
> > We're all stories, in the end. Just make it a good one, eh? — The
> Doctor, Season 5, Episode 13.
> >

> > On 19 May 2015 at 16:04, Christopher Wambugu <ch...@enmowe.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> I can proficiently do design using the following tools:
> >>
> >> CorelDraw (I have a licensed X6)
> >> Corel Photo Paint
> >> Adobe Illustrator
> >> Photoshop
> >> Inkscape
> >>
> >> Inkscape does a great job and is comparable to CorelDraw. I prefer the
> two actually.

> tools? without using Adobe products?
> free design, but the focus is more on Adobe software such as Photoshop,
> Illustrator and InDesign.

> and the only one that pleased me doi the sribus to replace InDesign.

> the tools lose some of the other software.

tatica
Maria Gracia Leandro
http://www.tatica.org
LinuxUser= 440285  GPG Public Key: E1CDCC56