On 12/14/2016 12:56 PM, Varun Singh wrote:
Hey Justin,
Thanks a lot for these, I really needed the head start.
I look forward to contributing.

Thanks again.

Sure thing, and if you have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. :)

On Wed, Dec 14, 2016 at 7:31 AM, Justin W. Flory <jflo...@gmail.com
<mailto:jflo...@gmail.com>> wrote:

    On 12/13/2016 03:32 AM, Varun Singh wrote:

        Hello everyone,
        I'm Varun, a Computer Science Undergrad working around with
        Linux for 1.5+ years. So far I've used CentOS, RHEL 7, Ubuntu,
        Manjaro, Fedora, Zorin, Mint, and Kali. Currently, I'm using
        Fedora 25. I joined the Fedora Project as I'm enthusiastic about
        open source and I wish to contribute my efforts to this community.

        I'm a blogger. I create and write articles for
        https://www.technotification.com
        <https://www.technotification.com> and been doing so since Dec
        '13. I have intermediate experience with System Administration
        on Red Hat based systems, Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Illustrator.

        I've created the account at FAS and I look forward to
        contributing to Fedora QA, content writing, and design.

        Thanks and regards,
        Varun Singh.

    Greetings, Varun, and welcome to the Design Team mailing list! Happy
    to have you here with us. :) Sounds like you have a broad range of
    experience working with Linux.

    I just sent some of this info a day or two ago on the mailing list,
    so I'm going to repeat it for your benefit as well to help you find
    ways to get started with Fedora Design!

    The way I would recommend getting started and becoming familiar with
    contributing to the Design Team is to check out Fedora Badges.
    Badges are a unique thing in Fedora that allows contributors to earn
    virtual badges for doing things in the community. You can learn a
    little more about them at this page:

        https://badges.fedoraproject.org/about
    <https://badges.fedoraproject.org/about>

    It gives you a chance to mess around with Inkscape and actually get
    to see some of your art become Fedora official. There's some starter
    resources and style guides I would recommend downloading / reviewing
    before you pick a badge. All of Fedora's badges follow design
    guidelines so they all fit in with each other and follow a common
    theme. Check these out:

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/attachment/wiki/DesignResources/FedoraBadgesResources.zip

<https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/attachment/wiki/DesignResources/FedoraBadgesResources.zip>

https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/attachment/wiki/DesignResources/styleguide_full.pdf

<https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/attachment/wiki/DesignResources/styleguide_full.pdf>

    Once you have a chance to dig through some of these, you can start
    hunting out a badge to find and try working on. The easiest way to look
    for badges pending artwork is by going here:

        https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/report
    <https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-badges/report>

    {8} and {9} may have a few to pick out, but {26} may have a few buried
    in there too. Don't be afraid to pick up a ticket if there hasn't been
    any activity on it for a while either.

    This is probably a lot to throw at you all at once, but hopefully it
    helps. If you have any questions, please ask them!! We're happy to
    help in any way we can. Thanks for sending your introduction here on
    the list! Again, welcome to the Design Team.

    --
    Cheers,