Hi Bernhard, hi all!

Thanks a lot (!) for caring about these icons :-)

Am Montag, den 31.01.2011, 23:17 +0100 schrieb Bernhard Dippold:
> David Nelson schrieb:
> > The text underneath "LibreOffice" extends beyond the word
> > "LibreOffice" on the right. It doesn't look well-aligned to me. Could
> > you shift it leftwards maybe?

[...]

> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Non-TDF_logos_right_aligned.png
> (without the white space border indication by a colored background)
>
> http://wiki.documentfoundation.org/File:Non-TDF_logos.png
>
> All: Which version do you like better?

Since it is very hard to balance all these objects (and you already did
a very good job), I'd like to propose to keep only the text. In this
case the "right aligned" versions, right side (the lower ones) look best
- in my opinion.

My reasons:
      * It already conveys the important message "LibreOffice"
      * It looks a bit more balanced and it might be more versatile
      * In the past, the Document Symbol had been considered (by people
        in the community) to belong to TDF instead of LibreOffice - if
        we start the Community Branding Process, we might keep it for
        TDF

Of course, I'll miss the document symbol ... for other reasons.

Just a question - did anybody propose the text below the logo? I don't
know, but a short "Community" (resized) might look attractive as well,
and is rather neutral.

> What should we propose the SC to declare as official?

Up to you, Bernhard. Thanks for your excellent work!

Cheers,
Christoph