Le Fri, 4 Mar 2011 14:44:21 -0500,
Jaron Kuppers <jaronba...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> Hi all,
>
> I like both ideas but lean towards Andrews suggestion.
>
> I would like to instead propose a different approach but perhaps from
> a coding perspective it would not be an "easy hack."  There was
> discussion over the years on the OOo list about changing the
> background from the dull gray to something more upbeat.  Perhaps the
> 'shadow' could be integrated into a new customization feature that
> allows the user to change the background and the shadow.
> Unfortunately, I can't recall how difficult this is... (I seem to
> recall some large problem in the code that made this difficult, but
> it may have been an issue).
>
> Cheers,
> Jaron
>

> On Fri, Mar 4, 2011 at 1:30 PM, Andrew <rugby...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On 04/03/11 07:42, Sébastien Le Ray wrote:

> > > Hi

> > > [...]
> > >
> > > You can find a screenshot on
> > > http://misc.orniz.org/libreoffice/lo-shadow.png book mode is also
> > > handled nicely...
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > I'll be pleased to :) It'd be nice to have a "UI tasks" on
> > > libreoffice wiki presenting all tasks that are ready on a Design
> > > point of view but that have not yet been implemented.
> > > There is a lot of stuff on the Note2 wiki page, could you give
> > > priorities on various items?
> > >
> > > [...]
> > >
> > > Subscribed yesterday :-)
> > > It seems that you've been busy with more "marketting" stuff that
> > > UI design lately to cover the launch of LO, FOSDEM and funraising
> > >
> > > Waiting for you priorities & mockups on notes work :-)
> > >
> > > Sébastien
> > >

> > Hi All and Sebastien :)
> >
> > Regarding that patch, I think that what we have in that screenshot
> > is a definite improvement, but I feel we could do better, and
> > hopefully without a lot more work.
> >
> > If you look at the mockup I attached to the bug report, I feel this
> > looks a lot more modern and professional.
> > https://bugs.freedesktop.org/attachment.cgi?id=39920

Pretty interesting... I first implemented the "4 borders" shadow but
every people I show it said "it's strange, the shadow should be only
under two borders".

> > I feel if instead of having that shadow aligned to the bottom left,
> > instead it is centred on the page, and we have a slightly larger
> > blur radius we can make it look a lot better.
> >
> > Is this just me, or do other think this as well?

Now that the code is present, we can use almost any image. Shadow is
divided in 4 parts: top right, right, bottom right,  bottom, bottom
left. If you can provide other images I could integrate them (those
ones where more "proof of concept" ones.

> > --
> > Andrew

Regards

Sebastien