Hi Marc, *all,

On Wed, 06 Jul 2011 01:52:51 -0400
Marc Paré <m...@marcpare.com> wrote:

> Hi Bernhard et al
>
> Le 2011-07-05 17:57, Bernhard Dippold a écrit :
>

> > People should vote *either* for a consistent theme based on Jean's
> > proposal: http://go.mail-archive.com/xUDsiIBlv-ZqBlXMjn971KD2YDw=
> >
> >  > - Clearlooks theme
> >  > - Font: Liberation bold
> >  > - Font size: 11 pt
> >  > - Highlight foreground color: Libre Green 2 (#43C330)
> >
> > *or* against any proposal to use a consistent theme for screenshots.
> >
> > Based on this decision there should be a wiki page describing how
> > screenshots are recommended to be taken.
> >
> > Existing screenshots should only be replaced when time allows it (for
> > example when the respective chapter or book is worked over).
> >
> > Do we need to add anything else?
> >
> > Are these options to vote on sufficient to consider the different
> > opinions mentioned here?
> >
> > I'd like to wait for another 24 hours for comments and start the voting
> > tomorrow.
> >
> > Best regards
> >
> > Bernhard
> >

> I had left this as another thing to think about:
>
> The only other thing that we really did not discuss was the use of
> "pointers/cursors". I personally like the "OpenZone white"
> pointer/cursor theme. It is available for Gnome and KDE[1][2], but it
> has a very nice defined white cursor arrow and white fill. This would
> give everyone a standard pointer/cursor theme that they could install.
>
> Once we have completed the agreement on the components of the theme,
> I'll commit to looking into creating an installable theme for the Linux
> group so that we can easily install it through the Gnome/KDE tools.

I'm not sure about the theme for mouse pointers. I usually set Gimp to not
include the mouse pointer when taking a screenshot. In this case you won't see
it at all. But I guess, there's no harm in suggesting which theme to use for
the mouse pointer as well.

@Larry Gusaas,
There are only a few people who have a Mac (I don't have one either). So if you
feel, that our documentation is lacking Mac-specific content, how about joining
the Documentation team and helping out? Just complaining doesn't help with the
problem. ;)

Sigrid