Hi Christoph,

Am Mittwoch, 3. August 2011, 23:36:42 schrieb Christoph Noack:

(...)
> The issue is - what is an "extension"? It could be a software feature,
> some dictionaries, cliparts or even templates (or collections of
> templates). But, templates will also be provided separately ...

for me it is every thing that is handled from the Extension Manager, thus *.oxt.

> So, basically, we can ship everything packed in an extension - that's up
> to the developers. Furthermore, something I thought about when working
> on the download page, I don't know why we currently separate the
> downloads for e.g. the basic LibO package, the DVDs, the LibO-Box, ...
>
> Mmh (attention: pure brainstorming ahead), how about a "LibreOffice
> Download Center" (or LibreOffice Software Center) that consists of:
>       * LibreOffice
>       * Extension (Packs) (categorized: features, templates,
>         clipart, ...)
>       * Individual items:
>               * Templates
>               * Clipart
>               * ...

That would be a goal for the future, but that needs a feature request for the
Plone
Software Center and a developer that implements it.

> The "straighforward" download should still be available via the normal
> LibreOffice page, but all specific downloads could be handled via such a
> portal.
>
> Would that be something for a long term goal?

Yes. Maybe we can speak about that in Paris ;-)

Regards,
Andreas

--
## Developer LibreOffice