Hi Mirek, great to read you. Hi all(again)
2012/2/22 Mirek M. <maz...@gmail.com>

> Hi everyone,
> If we are to make an icon set, I would prefer it to be designed from
> scratch. I don't think we can achieve good quality by transforming the
> Tango icon set or the High Contrast Galaxy set (frankly, it's much harder
> for me to decipher the icons from the HC than the standard icon set).

I tried from high contrast (see my last mail), I think we could achieve
good quality. But, for sure, not the best one for most of the icons.

> I was thinking we could begin with a simple icon set for Android. We'd
> probably need to make this set anyway, as LibO would look really
> out-of-place on Android if it shipped with Tango icons. And the initial
> plans for the Android port are to make a high-fidelity document viewer, so
> we won't have to make many icons initially. As the Android port develops,
> the icon set would grow, and when it grew big enough, it would be suitable
> for the desktop version.

I am totally in. Anyway, we will have to design a monochrom icon set. So
it's good making android viewer one first, and to see, then, whether it can
adapt to desktop, because it follow TDF plans and it permit a first
feedback on the icons.

> As for active vs. disabled icons, Android has
> guidelines<http://developer.android.com/design/style/iconography.html>for
> this: 30% opacity for disabled icons, light or dark.
>
> To truly achieve good quality, though, we need someone experienced to
> coordinate the project. Nobody's raised their hand so far -- perhaps we
> should ask some prominent open-source icon designers ourselves or raise
> money on KickStarter if nobody was willing to help with this for free.

Do someone know one of them ? Steva ? (from Sun) ? I'm in for the
kickstarter project, for sure, but I hope we could make without it.