Hi Heiko,

Heiko Tietze schrieb:
Hi Regina,

thanks a lot for your reply. Of course, Writer and Calc are just examples for
having the chart data included or not. However, Jay and me wonder how to get
internal data in Calc working.

Copy a chart from one spreadsheet document to another, or from a Writer document as "LibreOffice Writer document", or copy a chart which is already of kind "own data" to the sheet.

[BTW, in AOO you will even create a kind "own data" when copying within the same spreadsheet document.]

 I guess your are talking from a programmer POV
and the data is always stored with the chart. So Calc is the exception.

It is more a view of ODF file format. The "own data" exists always as a "<table:table>" element. But if the chart is linked to a cell range some additional informations exist.

About the sidebar the idea was to have access to chart data not the OLE
object.

How will you get access to chart data? You have not even access to the uno-commands specific for charts, when the chart is not in edit mode. And when the chart is in edit mode, you have no sidebar.

 But I'm not sure if this direct access really needs to be available.
On the other hand the properties sidebar section that we have right now would
be a nice means to tweak chart content instead of the multitude of dialogs.
Just to start with one of them ;-).

Now I wonder, what you will do.

Kind regards
Regina