On Mon, 5 Aug 2019 13:45:53 +0200
Heiko Tietze <heiko.tie...@documentfoundation.org> wrote:

> * Eve also wants to "select slide mode, swipe mode, blank screen,
> resume from blank screen"... (no idea why she wants this).

I got this from the Impress Remote Protocol specification. It has
"activate blank screen" (the black screen you get at the end of a LO
Impress presentation, "Press any key to quit..."), and it also has a
"resume" function which takes you back to your slide. I also don't know
why people need this but I guess someone might use it.

Apart from that your analysis/ description is correct.

> I wonder how to load a presentation. Wouldn't you expect to connect
> to some service where all odp's are listed and you pick one?

This is controlled either manually (as with the Impress Remote, except
you need to have the JS Remote server/ backend also running). You
select your presentation manually and visit the Impress Remote website.

But this was created in conjunction with my GSOC project, in that case
you're uploading presentations through the "LibreOffice Appliances"
program (https://rptr.github.io/gsoc has more details.)

> What I could imagine as a use case is some kind of advertising
> installation where your slides starts over the whole day and you just
> check the proper function.

Interesting idea, I think this is what LibreOffice Appliances does?
Maybe I've misunderstood.

> My mockup at
> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/s66wtgP76YDpbCD has three
> sections: on top a ControlsBar containing icons with labels for the
> primary functions and a (hamburger) menu for secondary things, a
> PreviewArea where the currently shown slide is highlighted and the
> slides are indicated by names, and below a StatusBar that lists all
> respective information in a known way - and becomes red in case of
> errors. The Balsamiq file for this image is at
> https://nextcloud.documentfoundation.org/s/biXXbZwPLnCCoPL

Thanks for the mockup, I'm implementing this design.