On 12/15/2015 09:27 AM, Diana Connolly wrote:
> Hi Everyone, sorry for the delay, I've been dealing with a hideous cold.
>
> 1. The set up fees for shirt layouts are $25 each. We need three, one
> for the logo and two for the different cartoons, so that's 75 bucks.
>
> 2. Shirt prices (each):
> */Style 3600 (men's)/*
> S-XL = $7.65
> 2XL = $8.65
>
> */Style 3900 (ladies)/*
> S-XL = $7.45
> 2XL = $8.45
>
> 3. If we an underlay is needed for a white ink on a darker color shirt,
> it's an additional ~70 cents per shirt. I'm waiting to hear back from
> April at BlueMill to see if we need that for the warm grey.
>
> 4. There is extra charge for ink changes buy we get two free, so it
> doesn't affect us.
>
> 4. The email chain is quite long and I haven't read it all. If there was
> someone wanting a darker(or medium) blue t-shirt with white ink, there
> would be no additional charge, because simply changing shirt color
> doesn't affect price, unless it needs an underlay. But I believe she
> told me that if the underlay is white and the ink is white, there is no
> underlay charge. Again, I'm waiting to hear back from April.
>
> 5. Unfortunately, there is no light grey for women! There is heather
> grey. And about that color that everyone seems to like that is the
> default showing on the men's page? It is heather grey. So maybe we run
> with heather grey and warm grey? And possibly a darker blue with white ink?
>
> 6. We can't really see sample shirts because in order to make a sample
> shirt, the shop incurs all of the setup costs plus has to order the
> shirts. They can do a digital mockup and then we gotta commit and run
> with it.
>
> 7. They normally have a two week turn-around on orders, with 50% down.
> We need to know all details (shirt sizes, colors, designs, quantities)
> before we start.
>
> 8. For future reorders, there is a $10 re-setup fee, and then the costs
> of the shirts.
>
> That's all I can think of. Hope that clarifies everything you guys need
> to know. I'll send out another email when I hear from April about the
> underlay for white ink. I can facilitate ordering, but I'll be out of
> town from Dec. 18th - 29th. So I can do it either before or after that. :)
>
> Diana

Thanks for getting all those details. So, there's no quantity discount
issues, apparently? That makes it definitely reasonable to do a modest
order at first and regularly place new orders as we go, which is
certainly easier for cash-flow. Also, for the superb quality of these
shirts, those prices seems great.

Re: Heather Gray, can you just ask them for a subjective judgment of
whether it is on the lighter or darker side in terms of the two images
of it on the website, which seems more accurate to them?

My inclination is to offer Light Gray and Heather Gray both as options
or at least order some of each just so we see the results for future
reference. And I could see ordering some darker shirts. I'm not sure how
much we want to offer various options to people vs focus on a
recognizable set of colors consistently.

At any rate, $10 extra to order a smaller set and then a larger order
later, easy enough.

Let's make at least a close to final decision and then mock-up the
options we'll do perhaps with women's shirts shown also, and then I can
use that to get selection info from those people already expecting
shirts. And then we'll probably order something in the range of 100
shirts perhaps at first for general stuff and for SCALE (depending on
how much we can get new donations in conjunction with announcing the
final shirt designs).

Aaron Wolf Snowdrift.coop <https://snowdrift.coop>