Hi!

On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 6:06 PM, Olav Vitters <o...@bkor.dhs.org> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 04, 2009 at 09:40:33AM -0600, Jason D. Clinton wrote:
>> On Sun, Jan 4, 2009 at 8:51 AM, Olav Vitters <o...@bkor.dhs.org> wrote:
>> Moving will not be easy, obviously. But doing it John's way will be,
>> in my technical analysis, an order of magnitude more painful.
>
> His way is a solution I expect to be implemented in 2009.

  No matter how good that sounds, it's still not a "solution", it's a
workaround to the problem that we don't have (human) resources to do a
move to git.

> To be honest,
> I really wonder if something else would happen that I'd qualify as a
> good switch.

  How about we set-up a task-force of volunteers who would want to
help in the move, each volunteer promising at least 3 hours a week? 3
hours is a very small amount of time but I am hoping that we'll be
able to gather at least 10 volunteers and together we can do it, even
using our spare time.

  In any case, after looking at the results of the survey we should
only look at hybrid/dual proposal like John's when we don't find any
way of moving to git in a reasonable amount of time (< 6 months).

--
Regards,

Zeeshan Ali (Khattak)
FSF member#5124