mcatanz...@gnome.org wrote:

> > Does the plan consider a tool like bugzilla2gitlab, but removing
> > the part that copy the accounts?
>
> We need a much better migration plan than that. If we don't have a
> script to migrate Bugzilla issues, comments, and attachments to our
> new GitLab instance, then we should not be considering using GitLab's
> issue tracker at all.

I suspect that scripting it at an high level using web APIs or even a
local ORM would take an inordinate amount of time, but I glanced at the
Bugzilla and GitLab database schema definitions and I think that a
simple SQL migration of projects/bugs/comments/attachments may be
doable, if we don't mind screwing up text formatting a bit. :)

https://github.com/bugzilla/bugzilla/blob/master/Bugzilla/DB/Schema.pm
https://github.com/gitlabhq/gitlabhq/blob/master/db/schema.rb

(By the way, huge kudos to the people pushing for this switch)

--
Emanuele Aina
www.collabora.com