On Tue, 2017-05-16 at 10:28 -0400, Carlos Soriano wrote:

> 2- what are the migration plans for bugzilla: bugzilla URL, bug numbers and
> the actual content
[...]
> Also, different projects might have different needs for migration.

While that is true, it is more confusing if I can find all the Bugzilla
tickets I created about project X now in GitLab while I cannot find all
Bugzilla tickets I created about project Y now in GitLab but you expect
me to find out myself what to find where (some BZ, some GitLab?).

> For example, for Nautilus we could migrate just specific important
> bugs or just file new bugs in GitLab while preserving the old ones in
> Bugzilla, where I can still follow/fix/comment them.
[...]
> As I'm the one maintaining it, I prefer a slow and smooth transition
> rather than a hard one and take the opportunity to focus on the
> priority ones.

If I interpret "slow" and "hard" correctly and if "old ones" means
"older unresolved tickets", you propose running two task tracking
systems in parallel with some tickets or some projects here and some
there and I (simple user) may have no idea where to do or find what.

When Wikimedia killed their Bugzilla instance they made a hard cut
(first migration step was turning Bugzilla entirely read-only [1]).
https://xkcd.com/927/ also applies.

andre

Andre Klapper  |  ak...@gmx.net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/