Some of you may be aware that we have started a documentation effort in
order to give application developers a proper set of documentation for them
to write applications.

We need to optimize for one language rather than promoting all the
languages.  In the past, we have promoted javascript above all else.  We
haven't seen as much movement in  javascript allegedly because the
toolchain has not been as robust as the other languages.

Since this conversation could easily get derailed, what I would like to
focus on is using javascript as the default computer language for
developing 3rd party apps on the GNOME platform.  We would like to validate
what the current state of javascript is for writing applications and
whether we now have good support in flatpak, debugging toolchains (eg gjs
and builder) and other factors we might have not considered but should be
identified.

Any input in this regard would be well appreciated to drive good
documentation to write applications for the GNOME platform.

Thanks,
sri