I'm part of newcomers initiative and collaborate primarily on debugger
feature on Builder. Nowadays I'm working to add debug expressions (or
watches) to Builder but if I finish that I want to add a pdb plugin (add
python debugger capabilities for Builder) I can't promise anything but I'm
trying to get it working before end of April (for a workshop of Builder in
Ubucon 2018 Gijón)

I know few to nothing about JavaScript debug (d8? gjs -d?) but seing pdb
plugin could ease the pain for that, open issues for that on Builder could
be a good start