On Wed, 2019-01-23 at 14:33 +0000, Allan Day wrote:
> Bastien Nocera <had...@hadess.net> wrote:
> <snip>
> > Flip it on its head and please suggest why, nowadays, any
> > application
> > developer, whether for a GNOME application or a third-party, would
> > spend time integrating services into gnome-online-accounts, or
> > using
> > gnome-online-accounts for functionality that's somewhat core to the
> > application experience, when the rug can be pulled from under your
> > app
> > at any point?
>
> That's not what's happening here. Until very recently, Debarshi was
> the Documents maintainer, and he's obviously been fully involved.

It is what is happening in GNOME Online Accounts in general. Pocket is
disabled in Fedora 29, and there's a good chance that the mail
configuration bits will be disabled in Fedora 30.

I don't know whether those changes will also be done upstream, but the
result will be the same, it won't be possible for applications shipped
through Flatpak to know that certain configuration options will be
available in GNOME Online Accounts.