On Thu, 25 Apr 2019 at 06:21, <mcatanz...@gnome.org> wrote:
> This should go without saying, but master branches are not a reference
> to slavery, rather to canonicity. The master branch is the canonical
> branch, the primary copy.

This is very much my thinking too. I'd agree with this proposal if
every branch forked from master was called slave/hughsie/whatever but
in this case the master is clearly referring to the canonical version
that the others are derived from. The word "master" isn't a bad word,
and doesn't always mean the opposite of slave.

I was hesitant to reply to this conversation as a middle-aged, middle
income white man but felt like I had to say something. I'll go get my
flame proof suit...

Richard.