El mié., 1 may. 2019 a las 14:39, Michael Gratton (<m...@vee.net>) escribió:

> On Wed, May 1, 2019 at 14:30, Carmen Bianca Bakker
> <car...@carmenbianca.eu> wrote:
> >
> > I think the problem is that, when prompted why we should make this
> > change, you said that we need only look at Python to see why this
> > change is good. But Python did NOT change the name of their master
> > branch, so it's a disingenuous example.
>
> I never claimed that, so I'm actually the one being mis-represented
> here. :)

YOU DID. You've argued we should change master branch name because Python,
Django, Rust did it. You've mixed two concepts: the use of master/slave
terms in source code and the name of the master branch. Please don't fall
in victimism, you have done wrong and you should fix it.

You are completely free to change every "master" appearance in your source
code if you want so, but you shouldn't change master branch's name, we have
explained why several times.

> I did however point out that Python has replaced uses of the term
> "master", and we should do the same.
>
> //Mike
>
> --
> ⊨ Michael Gratton, Percept Wrangler.
> ⚙ <http://mjog.vee.net/>

              • ... Michael Gratton
              • ... Carmen Bianca Bakker
              • ... Michael Gratton
              • ... Carmen Bianca Bakker
              • ... Michael Gratton
              • ... Carmen Bianca Bakker
              • ... Daniel Playfair Cal via desktop-devel-list
              • ... Carmen Bianca Bakker
              • ... Benjamin Berg
              • ... David Woodhouse
              • ... Daniel Mustieles García via desktop-devel-list
              • ... Bastien Nocera
              • ... Alberts Muktupāvels via desktop-devel-list
              • ... Andre Klapper
              • ... Ernestas Kulik
              • ... mcatanzaro
              • ... Bastien Nocera
              • ... Richard Hughes via desktop-devel-list
              • ... mcatanzaro
  • Re: Proposal: Replace all ... Bastien Nocera