> The bug tracker isn't a place to discuss decisions
Reading first ~fifteen comments in https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/812394 make
me think there is another point of view on "right place for discuss decisions"
topic.

> For KDE or Xfce new bugs should be filed (or new tasks should be added to
> this one)
So basically it's mean KDE and Xfce developers need to do additional job just
because feature is disabled in Ubuntu by default? Maybe it's better to keep it
disabled by default only for Ubuntu users and don't make troubles for users and
developers of Kubuntu, Xubuntu, etc.? I think it's logic desicion that save
time and manpower.

  let users disable/enable hibernation and suspension from the system
  settings

Status in “gnome-control-center” package in Ubuntu:

  It should be possible for average users to enable and disable
  suspension and hibernation from the "Power" tab of the GNOME control
  center.