Public bug reported:

When LibreOffice is running, I can copy text and paste it to another
application, eg gEdit.

Problem Case:
1) Select and copy some text in LibreOffice Writer
2) Close LibreOffice (and any other instances that may be running)
3) launch Text Editor and try to paste.

Expected outcome: The copied text should appear in Text Editor.
Actual outcome: The 'Paste' option is greyed out in the menu and it is not
possible to paste. My data is lost.

This might be best reported upstream but I'm not sure if the clipboard
'system' in Ubuntu is to blame or not. Here is the upstream report I've
made.

Off-topic: I just put 12.04 on my girlfriends laptop and she is very
unhappy to have lost 900 words of a critique this way.

Package: libreoffice (not installed)
ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-23.36-generic-pae 3.2.14
Uname: Linux 3.2.0-23-generic-pae i686
NonfreeKernelModules: wl
ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu1
Architecture: i386
Date: Mon Apr 16 21:18:14 2012
InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Beta i386 (20120328)
ProcEnviron:
 LANGUAGE=en_IE:en
 TERM=xterm
 PATH=(custom, no user)
 LANG=en_IE.UTF-8
 SHELL=/bin/bash
SourcePackage: libreoffice

** Affects: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

** Tags: apport-bug i386 precise

** Changed in: libreoffice (Ubuntu)

  LibreOffice clears clipboard contents on exit

Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu: