*** This bug is a duplicate of bug 889911 ***
    https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/889911

** Changed in: nautilus (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: J Phani Mahesh (phanimahesh) => (unassigned)

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to nautilus in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/996772

Title:
  Nautilus produces error when creating consecutive directories

Status in “nautilus” package in Ubuntu:
  New

Bug description:
  1) Ubuntu Release

  Description:  Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
  Release:      12.04

  2) Nautilus Version

  nautilus:
    Installed: 1:3.4.1-0ubuntu1
    Candidate: 1:3.4.1-0ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 1:3.4.1-0ubuntu1 0
          500 http://gb.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  3) What I expected to happen

  When creating multiple new directories within another directory using
  the CTRL+SHIFT+N shortcut (or with the left-click 'create new folder'
  method) I expect the following to occur:

  i) Hit CTRL+SHIFT+N
  ii) New Directory is created and the cursor immediately jumps to type the 
name of the new directory
  iii) I type the new directory name and hit enter
  iv) New directory is named
  v) Repeat this procedure as many times as I like for as many folders as I 
wish to create.

  3) What happened instead

  i) Hit CTRL+SHIFT+N
  ii) New directory is created and cursor immediately jumps to type the name of 
the new directory
  iii) I type the new directory name and hit enter
  iv) New directory is named
  v) Repeat this procudure for other folders, BUT, after the first few it fails 
after I hit enter and gives the error:

  "This item could not be renamed.

  There is no "" in this folder. Perhaps it was just moved or deleted?"

  
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

  Very frustrating, and I've seen the bug reported for previous releases
  - hoping for a fix :).

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/nautilus/+bug/996772/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to