Does this problem still exist in Precise?

What is your Ethernet hardware and which driver is driving it?

** Changed in: network-manager (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- Ubuntu 10.04 fail to connect to internet automatically
+ NM often fails to connect wired high-speed interface

  NM often fails to connect wired high-speed interface

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  In any previous  version, Ubuntu can easily connect to my wired high-
  speed Internet when it was installed. The Ubuntu 10.04 is the only
  exception,  after it was installed, it showed on the panel that the
  system was connected, but I just could not connected to the Internet.
  So I disconnected it and connected it back and forth for a few times,
  finally I could go on-line. And then, each time when I turned on the
  computer, I always had to disconnect it and connect it for a few times
  before I could go on-line. When I checked on-line, I found out the
  work-around for some other people  is" re-plug the line to computer to
  go on-line each time when they turn on the Computer".  And then I saw
  somebody posted that " there is something wrong with the network-
  manager, the best thing is to use static IP address" , it work for me
  quite well. But I still hope the network-manager can be fixed.