Related to bug #366777.

  NM indicator chooses an icon according to one interface even if the
  Internet is reached via another interface

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  Binary package hint: network-manager

  I'm using network-manager with DSL. My DSL connection is rather
  unreliable, so it disconnects or refuses to connect relatively often.
  A major feature of network-manager for me is that it attempts to
  reconnect automatically, another one is that it displays me whether
  the connection works right now thanks to its icon.

  that second feature stopped working in 10.04. Now the icon of network-
  manager is the same whether i'm in fact online or not. i do get a
  notification that the connection was lost, so network-manager knows
  that i'm now offline, but the icon stays the same.

  i don't know if it's a problem of the icon set (Humanity) or of
  network-manager.

  i do have besides the DSL connection also a second network card for
  the local area connection. that second connection is always working.
  maybe the network-manager icon is showing me the status of that second
  connection, but if that is the case, it really makes no sense, it
  should show me the status of the connection bridging me to internet.

  Package: network-manager 0.8-0ubuntu3
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.32-22.33-generic 2.6.32.11+drm33.2
  Uname: Linux 2.6.32-22-generic i686
  Architecture: i386
  CRDA: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  Date: Sat May  8 07:50:35 2010
  IfupdownConfig:
   auto lo
   iface lo inet loopback
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 9.10 "Karmic Koala" - Release i386 (20091028.5)
  IpRoute:
   213.250.19.90 dev ppp0  proto kernel  scope link  src 86.61.103.210
   192.168.0.0/24 dev eth1  proto kernel  scope link  src 192.168.0.1  metric 1
   169.254.0.0/16 dev eth1  scope link  metric 1000
   default via 213.250.19.90 dev ppp0  proto static
  Keyfiles: Error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory
  ProcEnviron:
   LANG=en_US.utf8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  RfKill: