@Zandro: Have you tried loading the driver module with different
parameters?  Do "modinfo ipw2200" to see parameter names.

** Summary changed:

- NM: wireless associates to router but no Internet; possibly something to do
with encryption mode (WPA/2/TKIP) -- Intel Pro/wireless 2200BG
+ NM: wireless associates to router but no Internet; possibly something to do
with encryption mode (WPA/2/TKIP) -- Intel Pro/wireless 2200BG ipw2200

  NM: wireless associates to router but no Internet; possibly something
  to do with encryption mode (WPA/2/TKIP) -- Intel Pro/wireless 2200BG
  ipw2200

Status in “network-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  I have a Cybercom MD95580 laptop with a Intel Pro/ Wireless 2200BG,
  this wlan card should work out of the box, and i my case it seems to
  do that but: I did a fresh install of Ubuntu 9.10 Beta, and upon the
  first bootup i went directly to the network manager, it had already
  found the neraby networks and i chose my own an enterd the password.
  It connected properly and i got a signal strength of 83% just like in
  Ubuntu 7.10. However  firefox , updatemanager or synaptic cant get any
  contact through this connection and times out, If i plug in the
  network cabel everything works just fine.

  Im using WPA2 TPIK encryption on a 3COM 3CRWDR300B Router/ADSL2 Modem
  and i can see my laptop in the routers client list, with the right mac
  adress, ip adress and everything.