+      2.96-0ubuntu4 0
+         500 http://ru.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ precise/main amd64 Packages

  ========================
  DESCRIPTION
  ========================

  Not so trivial to explain but I'll try.

-  1. Launch Rhythmbox
-  2. Insert a CD in the CD-ROM
-  3. The CD is not automatically identified (it's of a not very famous Russian
band)
-  4. I'm manually setting track names and...
-  5. Magic, black magic! If I change the keyboard layout (RU <-> EN) during
editing then Rhythmbox kicks me out of the editing. So if a track name contains
both Russian and English words I'm compelled to write one part, press Enter (so
that the changes are not lost), change layout, click on the track name, write
another part in the opposite layout. In some tricky names I have to do this
several times.
+  1. Launch Rhythmbox
+  2. Insert a CD in the CD-ROM
+  3. The CD is not automatically identified (it's of a not very famous Russian
band)
+  4. I'm manually setting track names and...
+  5. Magic, black magic! If I change the keyboard layout (RU <-> EN) during
editing then Rhythmbox kicks me out of the editing. So if a track name contains
both Russian and English words I'm compelled to write one part, press Enter (so
that the changes are not lost), change layout, click on the track name, write
another part in the opposite layout. In some tricky names I have to do this
several times.

- By the way, I use Alt+Tab to change layout. Any ideas?
+ By the way, I use Alt+Shift to change layout. With Ctrl+Shift it works
+ much better. Any ideas?

Packages, which is subscribed to rhythmbox in Ubuntu.

  Rhythmbox goes crazy if I change keyboard layout

Status in “rhythmbox” package in Ubuntu:

  Release:      12.04
  rhythmbox:
    Installed: 2.96-0ubuntu4.1
    Candidate: 2.96-0ubuntu4.1