It's in /usr/lib/postgresql/9.1/bin/pgbench. postgresql-common could
wrap it to make it accessible in the $PATH, though.

** Changed in: postgresql-9.1 (Ubuntu)

** Changed in: postgresql-9.1 (Ubuntu)

** Summary changed:

- Missing pgbench in contrib package
+ Wrap pg_bench from -contrib

** Package changed: postgresql-9.1 (Ubuntu) => postgresql-common
(Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to postgresql-9.1 in Ubuntu.

  Wrap pg_bench from -contrib

Status in “postgresql-common” package in Ubuntu:

  It seems that PostgreSQL 9.1 (and as it seems older versions too) is
  missing the pgbench binary in its contrib-package.

  The contrib-package explicitly states, that it contains this program:

  $> apt-cache show postgresql-contrib-9.1
  [...]
    pgbench        - TPC-B like benchmark
  [...]

  After trying a locate of the binary it seems that it is completely
  missing. I've tested this on my computer(12.04) and the computer of a
  co-worker(10.04) and on both the pgbench binary was missing after
  installing the contrib package.