Public bug reported:

If I want to save my document and an error occurs, there is a nasty
error message which forbids me to type anymore - nor can I re-try to
save. I have to push the "Abort"-Button for whatever reason. This can be
done by pressing ALT+A as the letter A is underscored. Or at least
should.

When working with gedit in german localization, the Shortcut ALT+A opens
the "View" menu. Therefore the mandatory action of aborting the "save
action" wiith ALT+A is impossible: I am stuck with a not saved document.

Changing to an other input device (mouse resp. trackpoint) is a
workaround, but it interrupts the workflow and therefore is no solution.

Best,
Marius

P.S.: This is possibly a bug with the used libraries, so if this is the wrong
place to report this misbehaviour ... be liberal on what you receive.

** Affects: gedit (Ubuntu)

** Attachment added: "The error message can't be closed."

https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1092898/+attachment/3465316/+files/Bildschirmfoto-35.png

Packages, which is subscribed to gedit in Ubuntu.

  Shortcut is assigned twice; can't save without using mouse

Status in “gedit” package in Ubuntu: