** This bug is no longer a duplicate of bug 997283
   Apport no longer uploads bugs to Launchpad (since final version of Precise)
   'ubuntu-bug /var/crash/app.crash' (and even more so, 'apport-cli -c
/var/crash/app.crash') should still allow manual bug filing in stable releases

Packages, which is subscribed to apport in Ubuntu.

  Apport does not open bug on Launchpad

Status in “apport” package in Ubuntu:

  Until Ubuntu Precise came out, when an application would crash, Apport
  would do it's thing, and then open up Launchpad.net in Firefox (or any
  web browser), so I could add more information, and send it to the bug
  tracker. Now, with 12.04, everytime somthing crashes, Apport pops into
  action, but does not open up Launchpad.net when it's done "gathering
  and submitting data" If it even gets that far. The progress bar moves,
  finishes, and then apport closes. I'm not sure if this is a bug, or a
  feature that is disabled, but if it can be re-implemented, I would
  appreciate it.

  Package: apport 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-24.38-generic-pae 3.2.16
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-24-generic-pae i686
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu7
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Mon May 14 19:49:08 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386
(20120423)
  PackageArchitecture: all
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm