I tried to reproduce this on:
- Debian x86-64 with 3.6 sources updated today.
- Win7 64, with 3.6.4.3
In both cases, I haven't reproduced the behaviour described in comment1.
Of course, I had to undo twice, since there were 2 actions to undo.
Perhaps I missed something but could someone give a try with 3.6.4.3?

Packages, which is subscribed to openoffice.org in Ubuntu.

  [Upstream] Calc loses row height value when modifying a cell

Status in LibreOffice Productivity Suite:
  Confirmed
Status in “gnumeric” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “libreoffice” package in Ubuntu:
  Triaged
Status in “openoffice.org” package in Ubuntu:
  Won't Fix

Bug description:
  Binary package hint: openoffice.org
  Binary package hint: libreoffice

  1)
  Maverick:
  lsb_release -rd
  Release: 10.10

  Natty:
  lsb_release -rd
  Release: 11.04

  2)
  Maverick:
  apt-cache policy libreoffice-calc
  libreoffice-calc:
    Installed: 1:3.3.1-1ubuntu3~maverick1
    Candidate: 1:3.3.1-1ubuntu3~maverick1
    Version table:
   *** 1:3.3.1-1ubuntu3~maverick1 0
          500 http://ppa.launchpad.net/libreoffice/ppa/ubuntu/ maverick/main
i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Natty:
  apt-cache policy libreoffice-impress
  libreoffice-impress:
    Installed: 1:3.3.0-1ubuntu1
    Candidate: 1:3.3.0-1ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 1:3.3.0-1ubuntu1 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ natty/main i386 Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  3) What is expected to happen via the Terminal:

  cd ~/Desktop && wget

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/openoffice.org/+bug/646157/+attachment/1655284/+files
  /row-height.xls && localc -nologo row-height.xls

  Row 8 height is 0.17". Highlighted row 8, changed background color to
  black, the row height does not change.

  4) What happened instead is the the height changed to 0.40". Pressed
  Ctrl+Z to undo, the color changed back, but the row height did not.

  WORKAROUND: Use Gnumeric as this problem does not occur with it.

  lsb_release -rd
  Release: 10.10

  apt-cache policy gnumeric
  gnumeric:
    Installed: 1.10.8-1ubuntu1
    Candidate: 1.10.8-1ubuntu1
    Version table:
   *** 1.10.8-1ubuntu1 0
          500 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu/ maverick/universe i386
Packages
          100 /var/lib/dpkg/status

  Original Report Comments: This is a regression, didn't see this happen
  on Lucid with ubuntu-proposed at least before 2010-06-03. The bug
  doesn't exist in the vanilla OpenOffice.org 3.2.1 or 3.3.0beta1 by
  Sun/Oracle.

  openoffice.org-calc 1:3.2.1-6ubuntu2
  ---
  Architecture: i386
  DistroRelease: Ubuntu 11.04
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 11.04 "Natty Narwhal" - Alpha i386 (20101214)
  Package: openoffice.org
  PackageArchitecture: i386
  ProcEnviron:
   LANGUAGE=de_DE:de:en_GB:en
   LANG=de_DE.UTF-8
   SHELL=/bin/bash
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 2.6.38-5.32-generic 2.6.38-rc6
  Tags: natty
  Uname: Linux 2.6.38-5-generic i686
  UserGroups: adm admin cdrom dialout lpadmin plugdev sambashare