Status changed to 'Confirmed' because the bug affects multiple users.

** Changed in: gnome-power-manager (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-power-manager in Ubuntu.

  No suspend upon lid closure

Status in “gnome-power-manager” package in Ubuntu:

  My laptop does not suspend when i close the lid.It however suspends by
  using the command from gnome's user menu. Also no problem in windows 7
  x64. I don't know if the bug report i created by apport includes my
  system information but here i give my specs anyway:

  Intel Core i7 720 QM
  4GB DDR 3 1333mhz SDRAM
  Intel PM55 Express Chipset
  ATI® Madison - Mobility Radeon HD 5650, 1GB GDDR3 VRAM
  15.6“W HD glare panel(1920x1080), LED Backlight Display
  DVD Super-Multi; High Definition Disc Blu-ray Combo DVD
  Gigabit LAN
  Wireless LAN, 802.11a/b/g/n
  Bluetooth Ver. 2.1 module with USB2.0 interface
  2M Pixel CMOS via USB2.0 interface.
  Integrated Fingerprint Reader

  I/O System

      USB 2.0 x 4, all are with Power USB feature
      RGB; VGA port x 1, 15pins
      Microphone-in x 1
      Headphone-out x 1
      CIR x 1 for remote controller (option, with TV Tuner)
      RF-in x 1 (option, with TV Tuner)
      DC-in jack x 1
      RJ-45 jack x 1
      Kensington lock x 1
      3-in-1 Flash Card Reader(SD/MMC/MS) x 1
      Internal microphone x 2
      HDMI x 1

  Battery

  6 Cell Li-Ion, 18650 type, 4800/5200mAH

  ---
  Thanks in advance for the support.
  Thanks for the great work, keep it up :)

  Package: acpi-support 0.140
  ProcVersionSignature: Ubuntu 3.2.0-31.50-generic-pae 3.2.28
  Uname: Linux 3.2.0-31-generic-pae i686
  NonfreeKernelModules: fglrx
  ApportVersion: 2.0.1-0ubuntu13
  Architecture: i386
  Date: Wed Oct 17 00:53:49 2012
  InstallationMedia: Ubuntu 12.04.1 LTS "Precise Pangolin" - Release i386
(20120817.3)
  ProcEnviron:
   TERM=xterm
   PATH=(custom, no user)