Could we set up some sort of mechanism to provide UI-oriented display
name as well as a unique temporary username? I'm thinking some sort of
alias system for guest usernames, with these names stored in some kind
of lookup table.
** Also affects: lightdm
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Also affects: lightdm (Ubuntu)
Importance: Undecided
Status: New
** Changed in: hundredpapercuts
Milestone: quantal-11-misc => None
--
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to lightdm in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/1036764
Title:
Guest username is nasty
Status in One Hundred Paper Cuts:
Confirmed
Status in Light Display Manager:
New
Status in “lightdm” package in Ubuntu:
New
Bug description:
When logging in to the guest account, the user is assigned the
username guest-hWf1ay. I am assuming that the latter half of that is
an auto-generated string.
This is rather ugly and I think it should be changed to something a
little more user-friendly, such as 'Guest'.
To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/hundredpapercuts/+bug/1036764/+subscriptions
--
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp