Ubuntu 10.04 LTS is EOL on the desktop on May, 9th 2013, so closing.

** Changed in: libwnck (Ubuntu)
     Assignee: Ubuntu Desktop Bugs (desktop-bugs) => (unassigned)

** Changed in: libwnck (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to gnome-panel in Ubuntu.

  Gnome Window Selector loses windows

Status in “gnome-panel” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “libwnck” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  The package that this is reported against contains the Gnome Window
  Selector applet.  I do not know what package that is.  It would be
  very helpful if someone in the know set the bug to point to the
  correct package.

  -----

  To reproduce:

  1) Open a bunch of windows of different applications in Gnome.
  2) Click the Window Selector to open the menu. You should see all of your
windows listed in the menu.
  3) Without clicking other windows, click the Window Selector again to close
the menu.
  4) Without clicking other windows, click the Window Selector again to open
the menu. With some probability p where 0 < p < 1, one or more of your windows
will be missing from the list.

  Once missing, this window(s) will continue to be missing from the list
  until you change focus to another window.  Then, the next time you
  click the Window Selector once, you should see all windows listed
  again.  (Effectively, you are back to step 2.)

  I have noticed this bug only in the last week, so I don't know if a
  recent update triggered it, or if it has been around for a while and I
  merely did not notice it before now.

  This bug is kind of a phantom, as sometimes I cannot trigger it and
  sometimes it happens repeatedly.  I have not found a sequence of
  actions that guarantees repeatability, but if I use the desktop for a
  while, the bug does occur relatively frequently.

  I should stress that the windows themselves do not disappear, only the
  listings of the windows in the Window Selector list.

  There is a workaround.  Changing window focus a few times seems to put
  missing windows back on the list.  On at least one instance, all of
  the windows disappeared from the list and I needed to open new windows
  to bring the existing windows back on the list.

  This bug is quite annoying because I do not use the Window List applet
  and the Window Selector is my primary method for switching windows.