oneiric have reached EOL now ; closing that report. Feel free to report
against a newer version if needed, with ubuntu-bug

** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  package (adobe-flashplugin) installed via command line (apt-get) not
  marked as installed in software center

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  I wanted to install 'adobe flash'.

  I went to software center and found 2 packages: 'adobe flash plugin'
  and 'adobe flash plugin 10'.

  I installed the flash plugin via command line: apt-get install adobe-
  flashplugin

  Afterwards I went back to software center to check if one of them is
  marked as installed, but this was not the case. However 'adobe-
  flashplugin' is really installed on my system.

  Since the 'adobe-flashplugin' package is the same as the 'adobe flash
  plugin 10' package in the software center, it should be marked as
  installed (which is not the case).

  Steps: (64-bit Ubuntu 11.10)
  1. Open software center
  2. Search for 'adobe flash': 2 results ('adobe flash plugin' and 'adobe flash
plugin 10')
  3. Notice that both plugins can be installed
  4. (Notice that 'adobe-flashplugin' = 'adobe flash plugin 10')
  5. Open terminal
  6. sudo apt-get install adobe-flashplugin
  7. Open software center
  8. Search for 'adobe flash' (or 'adobe-flashplugin')
  9. Notice that both results ('adobe flash plugin' and 'adobe flash plugin
10') are still marked as not installed
  'adobe flash plugin 10' should be marked as installed

  Package: software-center 5.0.1.4
  NonfreeKernelModules: nvidia
  ApportVersion: 1.23-0ubuntu3
  Architecture: amd64