oneiric have reached EOL now ; closing that report. Feel free to report
against a newer version if needed, with ubuntu-bug

** Changed in: software-center (Ubuntu)

Packages, which is subscribed to software-center in Ubuntu.

  Bad-package-catalog dialog is too large

Status in “software-center” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  software-center 4.1.14, Ubuntu 11.10 beta
  Ubuntu Software Center 5.0, Ubuntu 11.10 beta

  1. sudo apt-get install 4g8 && sudo dpkg --force-depends -r libnet1
  2. Launch Ubuntu Software Center.

  (When finished testing, reset if necessary with "sudo apt-get remove
  4g8 libnet1".)

  I've attached a screenshot.  Looks like a side effect of the new gtk3
  height-for-width logic.  I'd suggest maybe using a GtkGrid, which
  generally handles layouts better.

  It may save time to fix bug 844014 at the same time as this bug.