Jockey  has been superseded by software-properties, which now handles
third-party driver configuration.


** Changed in: jockey (Ubuntu)
       Status: New => Invalid

-- 
You received this bug notification because you are a member of Desktop
Packages, which is subscribed to jockey in Ubuntu.
https://bugs.launchpad.net/bugs/626242

Title:
  sl-modem driver should be suggested for Intel ICH6 modems

Status in “jockey” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid

Bug description:
  Internal Intel modems don't seem to be detected as requiring
  restricted drivers to work, while they do. On my laptop, my internal
  modem wasn't visible at all until I discovered I had to install sl-
  modem-daemon manually. Then everything worked fine.

  So I think Intel modems should be added to the list of hardware that
  requires installing sl-modem-daemon, just like SmartLink modems.

  The precise information about my modem is:
  00:1e.3 Modem [0703]: Intel Corporation 82801FB/FBM/FR/FW/FRW (ICH6 Family) 
AC'97 Modem Controller [8086:266d] (rev 03)

  
  (OK, 56k modems are really not an exciting technology nowadays, but since 
support is almost there, it would be stupid to refuse it! ;-)

To manage notifications about this bug go to:
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/jockey/+bug/626242/+subscriptions

-- 
Mailing list: https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
Post to     : [email protected]
Unsubscribe : https://launchpad.net/~desktop-packages
More help   : https://help.launchpad.net/ListHelp

Reply via email to