For several hours I have been attempting to print a JPEG image from GIMP
on 4x6 photo paper using an HP Photosmart Premium All-in-One. After
adding a custom paper size named "Photo Borderless 4x6" in the GIMP
print dialog box, each attempt to print the image resulted in CUPS hung
with "rendering completed," as described earlier by others.

I have also attempted to print the image using Eye of Gnome (eog) and
Evince with the same result.

What work-around exists for a user to simply print an image on 4x6 photo
paper, since that paper size is not installed by default in Ubuntu
12.10?

Thank you.

Packages, which is subscribed to gimp in Ubuntu.

  GTK Print dialog sends broken custom page size attribute:
  "PageSize=Custom.Custom.<width>x<length>"

Status in GTK+ GUI Toolkit:
  Fix Released
Status in “firefox” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “gimp” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “gtk+2.0” package in Ubuntu:
  In Progress
Status in “gtk+3.0” package in Ubuntu:
  Fix Released
Status in “inkscape” package in Ubuntu:
  Invalid
Status in “firefox” source package in Precise:
  Invalid
Status in “gimp” source package in Precise:
  Invalid
Status in “gtk+2.0” source package in Precise:
  Triaged
Status in “gtk+3.0” source package in Precise:
  In Progress
Status in “inkscape” source package in Precise:
  Invalid
Status in “firefox” source package in Quantal:
  Invalid
Status in “gimp” source package in Quantal:
  Invalid
Status in “gtk+2.0” source package in Quantal:
  In Progress
Status in “gtk+3.0” source package in Quantal:
  Fix Released
Status in “inkscape” source package in Quantal:
  Invalid
Status in “gtk+2.0” package in Debian:

  [Impact]

  [Fix]

  [Test Case]

  [Regression Potential]

  [Original Report]
  When trying to print a photo, the printer stops with status "rendering
completed". I have to remove all printing jobs and restart CUPS to be able to
print again. This error does not occur when printing other documents, i.e.
simple text.

  I use a HP PhotoSmart b109a connected to a Fritz!Box 7390 wireless
  router ("socket://fritz.box:9100").

  This bug is also present in Debian: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-
  bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=664031